Early intervention is the most effective way to support a child who has dyslexia and other specific learning difficulties. Early interventions also reduce the emotional anguish and psycho-social problems which are experienced by children with learning difficulties.
We conduct regular workshops with the objective of equipping teachers, parents and caregivers with the knowledge and skills to support children with dyslexia and other specific learning difficulties.
The workshops also equip the participants with skills to identify and manage learning difficulties.
The awareness workshops are conducted online or in various schools all over the country.
We will be glad if you invite us in your school during parent meetings, school closing days, and parent clinics or even in church groups.
For more information about upcoming workshops, please submit a form in the link below. (Document will be provided later)
One teacher can make a great difference in the lives of children who have dyslexia. Our training aims at equipping the teachers with the skills to understand and be able to offer support to children with dyslexia and other related specific learning difficulties.
The short course is delivered in four Saturdays. In consist of;
- Introduction to dyslexia
- Supporting children with dyslexia in class
- Introduction to Structured Literacy
- Inclusion of children with learning difficulties in literacy and numeracy
Courses for Parents
We organize a course for parents on dyslexia. The course is a six-hour course which is delivered over two evenings in an online format. Topics covered include:
- What is dyslexia?
- The assessment and afterwards
- Understanding school & supports that are available
- Strategies in school & at home
- Self-esteem and well being
The course aims to:
- Give parents an overview of dyslexia in the context of the Irish education system
- Provide parents with the key information they need to act as advocates on behalf of their children
- Equip parents with some practical strategies they can implement themselves to help their children.
The fee per parent is XXXX. Pre-booking is essential, as places are limited.
Dyslexia and Literacy Assessment Course for Teachers
DOK is offering a new Dyslexia and Literacy Assessment Course for Teachers. The course has been designed to provide information and training for Primary and Second level teachers on the various screening tests for Dyslexia (both at Primary and Secondary School).
This course is suitable for teachers in Primary and Secondary school, particularly Learning Support/Special Education teachers. The course covers:
- A brief introduction to dyslexia and literacy difficulties
- Test theory and psychometric terminology
- Dyslexia Screeners – Primary and Secondary level
- Administration and scoring of Literacy attainment tests (incl. WIAT and WRAT)
- Test analysis and interpretation
Book a course — will include a link to the available courses.